Sarasota, FL mower theft ring

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by Frontier-Lawn, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i got this letter from a local competitor today about a mower theft ring, please read if you work in Sarasota county. and watch your stuff!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

3. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

i just shined up my 357..
  4. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Wow, it's provides a good reason why you shouldn't register !!
  5. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

They got one going in western Kentucky also.
  6. trooper8870

trooper8870 LawnSite Member

They have them everywhere. In one night in my home town they got a friends trimmers and blowers. Oh and they walked right past his patrol car to get them. Went to his neighbors and stole his trailer with his 1 year old JD 757 on it. In a neighboring town they stole 2 Dixiechoppers from a dealer and then drove to an Exmark dealer down the street and got 2 new and 1 used Exmark mowers.That might explain why some of these folks mow 3/4 acre lawns for 30 bucks. They have no overhead!!!
  7. KensLawnCare

KensLawnCare LawnSite Member

my friend got his new blower stolen gone but he thinks it was the trash man ive been lucky so far making sure i lock up even if its going in the gas station for 5 minutes is all it takes
  8. badbart

badbart LawnSite Member

It's happening here too. They got a guy's truck and trailer with a JD Zero Turn while he was in a restaurant here. Even took his dog that was in the cab! They found his truck and his dog a few miles away, I don't think they ever got his equipment back though. I guess he needs a meaner dog....
  9. trooper8870

trooper8870 LawnSite Member

It wasn't recently but our local JD dealer had a truck and trailer loaded with zt mowers stolen. They ended up finding the truck and trailer but not the mowers. Its a shame that you can't anything anymore or trust anyone for the fear of having what you worked for taken away from you
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member