SARLO high wheel mower

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by EZmowr, Nov 22, 2005.

1. EZmowr

EZmowr LawnSite Member

Hello,
    Anybody out there own a Sarlo high wheel mower. I am contemplating purchasing one next spring. I was wondering if anyone had experience with these units. I have a lot of hills to mow so I am looking at a WX24SP (16 inch high wheeled, self propelled model).
    Please let me know your experiences with the mower and with customer service from Sarlo.
    Thanks

2. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I ran a 6.75 hp model with a 24" deck on it awhile back, when I worked for the school board. very rugged machine, but it wont handle tall grass too well, nor thick stuff like st augustine. I tried it in that stuff, and it just bogged down. for all other cutting, its an EXCELLANT machine.

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

We've'e had the same unit in our Rental fleet for over 3yrs and had no problems at all with it. Our local road maintenance crews and the prison crews use the Sarlo's. IMO They are a good stout commercial unit.

4. sicklid

sicklid LawnSite Member

They are built in my town about 10 minutes from me and they have always had a good reputation and they look very durable, but my neighbor has one he use to use (I mow it now) on his yard (St. Augustine) and the cut wasn't very good IMO.

5. Jim Buessing

Jim Buessing LawnSite Member

They are very good simple to operate units. I highly recommend.

6. EZmowr

EZmowr LawnSite Member

I would like to thank everyone that responded to my initial post regarding Sarlo high wheel mowers.
    I have on more question for Sicklid and Lawn Masters or anyone else that may be able to answer my question:
    If I remove the blade that comes with the mower and replace it with a Gator magnum Mulching blade, will that improve the cut, prevent the mower from getting bogged down in thick or high grass?
    Thanks again, I appreciate everyone's responses.
    EZMOWR