sarlo mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bandm, Aug 16, 2002.

1. bandm

bandm LawnSite Member

Does any one know the quality of Sarlo mowers and if so are they worth the money. Thanks and any suggestions for other mowers (mid-sized walk-behinds) would be appreciated.

2. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

I personally have never heard of Sarlo mowers. Lots of great mowers discussed on this site. Are you pretty set on Sarlo's?

3. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

The first time I ever saw one was at the Expo last month. The mid-size w/b mowers seemed to me to be just another machine. I didn't notice anything about them that made them seem better or worse than others. They do offer a diesel, which I haven't seen before. I don't use one enough to justify the extra bucks, and there isn't a dealer here so far as I know. Don't expect to seriously consider one any time soon.

The smaller (24"-26") w/b's seemed to be similar to the Yazoo Classic, and the Kee with a green aluminum deck. Seems to me they were well made, but you never know for sure till you mow with it.

BTW, what kind of prices are you finding on them? I expected a 36 to be around $2k with a gas engine.

4. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

Can you post a link??

5. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

nice machines...if thats what you need!

they are well built and tough.

i'd save a few $$ and get a good walk behind.
    sarlo mowers