Satillete pics of account

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Swampy, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

Never thought of this but was pointed out in another thread.
    So post your some sat pictures of your accounts that you mow.

Here's mine of Northshore School District.
    North Hartland Elementry (North Campus)
    [​IMG]
    South Hartland Elementry, North Shore Middle, And Lakeside "Special" School's (South Campus)
    [​IMG]

Its pretty easy to do just go to Google Maps, find your location, hit the print screen button on the keyboard, paste it in MS paint, outline your account (I used red), and host.

2. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

A lot easier than I thought It'd be. Might see something interesting if we keep it going. Here's a couple of mine-

map1.JPG

map2.JPG

3. Swampy

mez I see a sports complex but are the others? I'm guessing thats either the Mississippi or the Wisconsin River (sry don't know where exactly is Prairie du Chien, WI is)

4. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, you're right, the sports complex is on the mississippi. In the 1st picture from L to R it's a ~ 4 acre nursing home, 5 acre residential, 7 acre residential, and down low theres a dot that marks a small corner residential.

5. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

I use satelite pics all the time to give estimates. Works great and saves me gas.

6. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Likewise - I use the county maps that are aireal photos - have the distance and area measuring devices, and this is very accurate on larger properties. I believe they are called GIF maps.

7. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Yes they are very nice to use. I got a call today to give an estimate for lawn maintenance/lawn care. Its been pouring all day. I'm thankful for those satelites. Nice and dry until I had to pick up some plants from my nursery.

8. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

How do you print screen? I see a button on my computer called Prtsc - but it wont do anything. Is there another way to do it as I do not have MS paint? Thank, Eric

9. Kubota130

Kubota130 LawnSite Member

10. Swampy

yeah I know I stole your idea.

Heres another one of our larger accounts 6 parks, 13 islands one is off the map sorry, 9 ditch lines.
    View attachment windings.bmp