Satisfied Dodge truck owners post

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by nosparkplugs, Apr 9, 2008.

1. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

Well, I must have been looking at a bunch of optical illusions. For your information, I was looking at new trucks. The used trucks were 07's. Also, I know that I haven't imagined my Dodge being a lot nicer than my Ford for almost 6 years now-I either need to lay off the cat nip or give you some!!!:rolleyes:

2. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Only in a modern pre-emission diesel 7,000 GVWR truck can you. 1.) drive the diesel truck to the track while getting 18 mpg. 2.) swap out your radial tires for drag radials, stage against a Ford Mustang and run low 10's 3.) then look at a humbled beat Mustang owner, and drive the diesel truck home. 4.) the next morning hook the diesel truck up to a trailer for work:clapping:

All that is done with ZERO internal Cummins engine modifications:laugh:

Diesels are muscle cars for the working man, nice tax write off too:waving:

3. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I never said your dodge wasnt nicer than your Ford. Thats YOUR opinion. But saying every new ford truck is built like crap is BS! Cuz theyre not. So just stop. Youre spreading bad info. Im done with you. Thats like saying the Cummins is the worst diesel on the market.

4. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

Yea, I think you're done period!!! You must not be very good at reading:rolleyes:If you read what I wrote, I was stating purely facts about my F250(I think I know my own truck a little better than you, even though you do seem to know everything else) Put a magnet on the hood of a Ford-it's aluminum....Shut the doors on a Ford-they sound hollow compared to others. I didn't say ford's were a POS(You did-I thought you liked Fords?:confused:). Quit putting words in my mouth.:walking:

5. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

Yeh thats exactly what i said...:hammerhead: Im not goin to argue anymore. People like you are what give things bad names.

6. nosparkplugs

lets break it up now TXN & JBRAVO:realmad::drinkup:

7. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

That might work for 2 or 3 weekends but on the 4th week what are you going to do when you hook up to the trailer the motor just revs cuz the tranny is trashed? These trucks simply cant handle the power these engines are capable of putting out. I cant believe people have the money or sence to blow up a $50K truck just for fun but more power to them.

8. nosparkplugs

That is true, four years ago on the 4th run you would be broke. Now with triple clutch/disk billet torque converters, hardened input & output shafts their bulletproof up to 1,850 lb/ft. We can thank the hardcore diesel nuts; because of their/our pain we have better towing transmissions. Check out this link were I get my parts

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/dodge.htm?gclid=CLOWnpH0spgCFQ2dnAodkG_xVA

9. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

You can make an auto handle 750 hp+ for pretty cheap nowadays! They are great quality to. If i was going to keep my Dmax thats what id do.

10. nosparkplugs

I like to Auto's, but I popped a chubber when I test drove that 4500 Dodge Chassis quad cab with the manual 6 speed G56 tranny:clapping: the L granny first gear was crazy.:laugh: I am working hard to swing this 4500 truck deal before their price's go back-up:cry: