1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Satisfied Dodge truck owners post

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by nosparkplugs, Apr 9, 2008.

1. precision8m

precision8m LawnSite Senior Member

I won't be doing any water or meth but I'm slowly on my way to twin turbos.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Even running nothing but distilled water is a great way to reduce EGT's and keep the engine free of any deposit buildup. Even just water will give you more power. All the guys who are way modified usually run water because it allows them to push more fuel.
  3. precision8m

precision8m LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe I'll have to learn more about this process....
    Posted via Mobile Device

I have a 2008 Dodge Dakota 3.7 v6 auto cc 103k+ miles
    pulled 12k gvw quite a few times loaded the bed with 1500+ lbs very many times .
    When not working my truck it has seen hoonigan four wheel drifts @70mph followed local car club cruise at 100+mph and rally coursed it:cool2:
    it also returns when easy on the the go peddle it gets 20 -25+mpg.
    I would buy another Dodge.
  5. Woodman1

Woodman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Im a big Dodge fan. I have a 2500 and a 3500.
    I realize that this is not a picture forum, but I was wondering if any of you have any pics of flat beds on your trucks. My 3500 has a dovetail and is a dedicated maintenance truck. I am interested in buying / building a flatbed or potentially a dump that will be mostly used for towing the skidsteere and attachments and landscaping materials.
  6. PlantscapeSolutions

How do you explain the 6.0, 6.4, and the Cummins being Fords engine of choice in the F650-F750?

Also how do you explain there being at least three companies like Destroked that make their living by yanking 6.0s & even 6.4's in favor of 5.9's & 6.7's. Let see.... hmmm... how may companies sole source of income is putting Powerstrokes in GM trucks or Rams. I think the number is zero which says a lot.

I had one of Fords Holly Grail 7.3's in a 97' F250. It died at about 174K. The 12 valve you could get in a Dodge in 97' was easily twice the motor. With injectors, a turbo, and a few other tricks the stock block, pistons, and rods could handle 1000 HP. That kind of output would rip the weak 7.3 block to shreds.
  7. PlantscapeSolutions

Since you mentioned pictures here is my first Dodge Diesel. This truck had too many mods to list. Before I put my Spearco Intercooler and CFM intake on it made 450 HP & 983 TQ at the rear wheels on the dyno. With the extra parts it was probably bumped closer to 500 & 1100. In factory crank numbers that would be about 600 & 1250+. This truck had 180K on it when I sold it.

8. PlantscapeSolutions

This is my current 09' Ram. After spending over $30K on mods on my 02' I swore I would never do that again. I had spent about $10K on bumpers, wheels, Airdog, ARP 625's, AFE ProDry, Tool Box, Cover King Seat Covers, AGR discs and blue printed front calipers with coated pistons, Smarty, Edge CS gauges, 5" TBE, EGR Delete, Uni-Goose, Rhino Liner and then I finally had tranny issues with my 68RFE.

The problem was just a worn valve body but I went ahead and had a Suncoast M3GA Jr. rebuild done with billet input shaft, billet flex plate, and Suncoast converter. Now the trans can handle 650 HP so I'm able to run my Smarty on the +176 setting which probably puts me around 550 crank HP. Now I have about $19K in mods and blew my intended budget all to hell. I'll probably keep this truck for ten years so it's not that big of a deal.

Now I'm pondering a Snow Performance water/meth Millage Max to help keep EGT's down.

9. TopNotchLawnCare

TopNotchLawnCare LawnSite Member
    from IL

:clapping: Golf Clap :clapping:
  10. PlantscapeSolutions

I almost forgot my ace in the hole. The Ram with a Cummins is the best selling Diesel truck in Canada and it's been that way for a while.