Satisfied Dodge truck owners post

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by nosparkplugs, Apr 9, 2008.

1. bondman35a

bondman35a LawnSite Member

I have seen all of the Big 3 brand trucks on Ax Men. But they are probably all just posers :rolleyes:.
  2. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

never had a problem with any of my dodge's. Ive had 2 dakota's and a 2nd gen. cummins 2500. I just had to put a new track bar on my 2500 but front end problems can be common on a dodge, plus it was only $125 and it has 200k on it.
  3. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Nosparkplugs---Travlin'trees---Gravel rat. Three die hard fans of three different brands.

GR---is the axle interlock (not used after '02) really worse than the twin I beam front end?
  4. markam70

markam70 LawnSite Member
    from USA

just for the record, ford really cuts the prices in fleet sales to move more vehicles. just because you see fords in these situations doesn't always mean they are the best,......maybe just the cheapest?
  5. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah... I hear ya. At least one poster didn't read the ? obviously...The title to the thread is... "Satisfied Dodge truck owner post":dizzy:

On another note my neighbor has an 06 ford diesel, and he had a dodge. He told me the other day he's going back to a Dodge next time. :laugh: My MPG's pulling are what his are empty.
  6. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

The last tank of diesel I went through just averaged 12MPG while towing 8hrs a day, I'm very happy with that
  7. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

My Dodge has held up better than my F-250. I'll never buy another ford.
  8. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

'05 Ram 1500 with the 4.7, very good truck, plenty of power and good gas mileage. I spent $160 on some emissions thing, but nothing mechanical with 41,000 miles.
  9. jim163

jim163 LawnSite Member

I just bought a 04 2500 dodge ram 3 weeks ago and I have absoluty no regrets. She's very pretty, has plenty of power, and very comfortable to drive. The dodge's are actually rated higher than the fords. but no truck is perfect. I asked my mechanic wich trucks come into his shop the least and he said "they're all pieces of ****". I guess if you use your truck (especially if you plow), you gotta maintain it.
  10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I havent had a full tank through towing yet but on 1/2 a tank towing, my 6.0 psd was 11.5 towing a 6.5x16. Thats not to bad. My 94 5.8 would only get 8-9 towing a 6x12.