Satisfied Dodge truck owners post

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by nosparkplugs, Apr 9, 2008.

1. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an '03 Dakota for a run around truck and more of a toy than anything. I love it to death. 123K miles and it's just as good as the day it was built. Over the last 5 years, only about $500 has been put into it other than regular maintenance. Those were just axle seals and something else that is skipping my mind right now. Couldn't be happier.

2. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 2004 Ram 1500 that has 120,000 miles on it as of today. It's pulled a trailer since day 1. 2 years ago, I installed a dovetail and upgraded the rear suspension a little. My Hustler Super z has lived on the back of it since. I operate a 500 mile per week route... over a lot of mountainous terrain. This has to be the best truck I've ever owned. It gets great gas mileage. She still runs like brand new... I haven't even had to change a belt or hose yet.

3. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Before this site and a few of my buddies enlightened me, I had my heart set on the next truck being the ford diesel but Im pretty sure its going to be a cummins after doing a little reading. It just seems like so many people talk of problems on expensive ass trucks and you dont hear much bad on dodge.

4. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

Hate to change the subject of this thread, but do you have any pics of this truck?

5. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

There are a few in this thread. You might even be able to find some loaded pictures if you scrolled through. Since I took the pics, I've added 2 leaves and firestone airbags to the rearend. It does a really good job holding a z with zero squat.
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=174319

6. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

i dont own a dodge or even a truck since i am so young but my cousin has had two and the tranny went out in his first one, 2001 3500 4x4 5.9, at 150,000 miles. (which is common in that year) and he now owns a 2006 2500 longbed 4x4 5.9 and it is a bighorn. and he has no problems. but when my dad was in business he had seven 3500 5.9 cummins anywhere from 95 to 99 and the only problem he ever had was when the cooler hose came off but i really love them and hope to have one one day!! ignore the chevy in the signature. its what we could afford and my mom wanted it

7. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I'm looking at an 06 2500 cummins. I would like to get some decent millage towing my 16ft enclosed. My buddies 04 with mild engine mods gets 25mpg around town and almost 30 on the highway. I think I could possible get high teens with a stock engine. What do you guys think?

8. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

9. cowboytim

cowboytim LawnSite Member
    from MN

I know of three guys that work in alaska in the oil and theice road and run dodges. Ford is loosing there edge

10. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I wish you guys would quit believing it when people tell you this crap. That doesnt happen