Saved $50 this month on gas

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Frontier-Lawn, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

just to let everyone know this whole month i have been getting my gas at wally world, after i load up a prepaid card. ever time i fill up i save 3-5 cent per gal. i also wrote down the price per gal i would have paid at mobile. i just added up the prices and saved $50 in gas costs going to wall-mart. so if you all want to save money buy gas at wall-mart with a prepaid gift card. it does work

2. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, but how long did you stand inline for the gift card? Time is money! The closest one to us is about 18 miles away. Not a choice here!!! I thought about just staying home for amonth and REALLY saving some gas money. Anyone else thinking about this? :hammerhead: :dizzy:

3. Frontier-Lawn

i put 300 on it last time i went to get food and gatoraid

4. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

how long did you wait in line?? are you serious do you also figure out how much it costs you to eat breakfast and take shower b4 work and add it into your overhead?

5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Gas at Safeway and Costco here is 3-6 cents cheaper than anywhere else, and you don't have to wait in line.

6. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Am I missing something here? What does the gift card have to do with anything? Just buy a Sams Club membership and be done with it. Your 50 prepaid is simply a dollar amount, it doesn't lock in a pump price so who cares? With the Sams membership you could also take advantage of their credit card processing for business accounts and other stuff, Costco does the same. I used to live near both Sams and Costco and shopped them agianst each other. Now I moved to where theres a Costco and dropped the Sams membership. I just don't see the gift card as really being that significant. What am I missing here?

7. Frontier-Lawn

to get he 3 cents off per gal at wallmart stores you need ether to use a prepaid gift card, wallmart card, or the wallmart discover card. the pumps know what your paying with and if you use a reg debt card youll get charged reg price of gas on the 3 cents off price!

8. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

So get the Sams card and be done with it!

9. Frontier-Lawn

the point is the sams card wont give you the discount!! goofball :hammerhead:

10. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Good for you, not a option for me it's out of the way i get on gas buddy and see who's the cheapest.