Saved By My Cattle Guard Bumper

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PlantscapeSolutions, Jun 23, 2013.

1. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Here are my Chevy versus Ram pictures. I was going to Dallas today and while going through Waco I think the guy driving next to my truck fell asleep. I think he and his passenger were coming up from the Eagle Ford Shale and probably hit the road really early. They were in Chevy 2500 Key Energy truck. The passenger said he had dozed off and I'm pretty sure the driver dozed off as well.

When I saw them drifting towards me I nailed the brakes and swerved as close as I could to the median wall I was next to. If I hadn't nailed the brakes and moved over they would have side swiped my entire truck.

If you wife gives you crap about dropping over a grand for replacement bumpers you can tell her they saved your friends azz.

IMG_8013.jpg

IMG_8008.jpg

2. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

All things considered you both came out pretty good. That could have been BIG.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I think you're absolutely right. Highway speed wrecks don't typically end that well. I've never been a fan of those big ass bumpers, figured it would make it a PITA to swing into parking spots. Then again with a 4 door long bed dually you ain't fitting in those spots anyhow lol.

4. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Nice reaction! Probably saved some lives. My winch bumper on my old nissan did the same thing. Totalled her car and i drive home after the cops we're done
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. zacher

zacher LawnSite Member

Yeah glad your both okay! And that is one mean rig you got there..
    Posted via Mobile Device