1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

savings by NOT HAVING health insurence

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by bobbygedd, Jan 25, 2006.

1. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

>$1100/mo... didn't realize it was that costly for alchoholic midgets to be insured. I guess i won't complain too much with my $135/mo plan

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

"when" something happens? when is "when"? for me, $150,000 later, "when" never happened. face it, it's a loss you'll never recover

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

ill keep paying the crooks so when i need it and the time will come i have it
    i was glad i had it when i broke my hand

4. bobbygedd

from NJ

$135? what is that? what does that cover? cough drops and a trip to the clinic?

5. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

That is cheap. What kind of plan is that?

kc

6. BSDeality

i know plenty of people in the $115-235/mo range, Insurance doesn't have to be high, you more than likely had too much if it was costing you $1100/mo.

sure, i've got a $1000 deductible, but i'm still covered in the event that i need surgery or a hospital visit.

7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

so then, in your world that means that the insurance company is now paying you to not have their insurance...correct? :laugh:

8. BSDeality

kc, it is through Golden Rule. been with them for years on my parents policy, and on my own since last may when i graduated.

don't forget, i'm a healthy 22 year old non smoking white male.

9. bobbygedd

from NJ

one person, right?

10. bobbygedd

from NJ

what were the medical expenses on your broken hand?