savings by NOT HAVING health insurence

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by bobbygedd, Jan 25, 2006.

1. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

since i'm still unmarried, yes, one person.
  2. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

I must be missing something. I don't know of one person that pays under $400/month for health insurance. I'm not talking about being an employee and having to pay a little, I'm talking about people that have to pay 100%.

3. K.Carothers

Stay healthy and keep that insurance:waving:

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

what about your male companion? is he on the policy too?
  5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Mine runs $140 a month (freedom life) $500 deductible, 80/20 up to $2,000 then it pays out 100%, max out of pocket per year is $2,500. Also has a $25 co-pay for Dr. visits.

I'm 27, non smoker, white, male.

If I wsa paying 1,100 a month, yeah I would think about ditching it too... But you still have to think about major illness or hospital stays. I had a simple Knee surgery done last winter and the bill was over 10 grand.

Now a days you have to watch your insurance "cap" as well. Most all policies have a maximum amount they will pay out over your lifetime. Used to be a million dollar cap was plenty, but more and more people are running out of payout before life. I think mine has a 3 million cap. With the cost of health care insanely high as it is and the way most insurance claims filed are hugely inflated prices I wonder if that's even enough...
  6. BSDeality

oh, how could i forget my "manly" girlfriend :sleeping:

7. K.Carothers

What about the girl? Is she taken?

8. BSDeality

if she don't buck you off, you might have a winner.
  9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Now lets be honest here. Health Care costs are the 'real scam' not health insurance. In fact, most all types of insurance premiums are regulated like a mother by most state's department of insurance. In other words, the insurance companies have to have their rates approved to begin with and any increases on any class thereafter. They have to submit ungodly amounts of paperwork and prove the need before anything is cleared.

So if the cost of medical attention and prescription drugs were not so drastically over inflated, the insurance would cost less. But yet we gripe at the insurance companies, which are the only hedge we have left instead of addressing the real issue, which is that the cost of health care is out-pacing the rate of inflation by unreal leaps and bounds.
  10. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

:eek: heeeeeeyyyyyy

she have a sister?