Saw 9 fake grass displays at home show

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by desert rose gardening, Mar 3, 2007.

1. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

I just got back from the "Spring home Garden show" at Del Mar California. I said look its one of those fake grass displays, so I talk to the guy awhile, I was going to ask him how do you get the dog poop off? but he never gave me a chance to talk. By the time we left I saw 9 different companies that sell and install fake grass. Then when I get home I'm looking through a coupon book and there's a picture of some babe with footballs for boobs sitting on fake grass, and the caption says "Sometimes fake is better"!:dizzy:

2. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

i cannot imagine anyone ever getting fake grass... but apparently people do if those places are in business.. thats wierd

3. GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER LawnSite Senior Member

No offense to anyone who lives there, but that just sounds like something that the yuppies in Cali would go for. I just really don't see that catching on everywhere though.

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Fake grass is great once installed, but most people don't pay the $5.00+ a square foot to have it installed. We have 300 square feet installed in a narrow strip at my parent's hotel. No more toting the mower down to that spot, makes maintenance there much easier.

5. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

Wow..........footballs.