saw a grass cutting bussines with second crew any ideas?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by LawnFreak1170, Sep 13, 2011.

1. MarkintheGarden

MarkintheGarden LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe they just can't stand to be in the same truck all day with the boss! Could be he smells bad and listens to rush limbaugh on the radio.
  2. Texas Lawn

Texas Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

that is the most inefficient thing I have ever heard
  3. AK's Cuts

AK's Cuts LawnSite Member

I've been cleaning a yard up and a 10 year old dump box truck and trailer pull up and a guy trims a yard and leaves. 3 hours later a smililar set up comes and mows.
  4. RoyalTree

RoyalTree LawnSite Member

I have a large company that does goverment work only that works with trim and mow crews seperatly. He swears it is much more efficient since his mowers are running atleast 9 hours per day. I could not see how a homeowner would tolerate this
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

They don't care they aren't home.
  6. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

just because the home owners aren't home doesn't mean they don't know whats going on, on there property......

i can see how a client wouldn't tolerate this sort of set up.

for it to be efficient i would think it would cost more to have a trim crew go ahead of the mowing crew. after all your sending 2 trucks to the same location each week. more fuel and another truck that gets wear and tear.

not to mention it's un necessary. and if i were a home owner i wouldn't want to have to worry about the mowing crew never showing up the same day and mowing and blowing off the walk ways and drive way.