saw chain?

Discussion in 'Tree Climbing, Pruning, Felling' started by Guest, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

If it has a stihl bar on it, it will tell you how many drive links, and the guage of the chain. This is located just ahead of slot for the retaining bolts. This is what chain fits that particular bar. Drive sprockest MUST be matched also. If it is the original bar, NO problem.

Hope this helps!

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I agree with what that. Stihl chain is harder and holds an edge for longer. If you use a grinder to sharpen your chain its great. Oregon is easyer to file by hand though. The file also last longer.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Its all up to interpretation. You like one thing I like something else and something else even works better for someone else. Not Junk, just someones opinion.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

You say patato I say Potato

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Where is the nearest Stihl shop. The guys or gals in the shop are normally quite educational and might be able to help you out the best with that particular saw. At least point you in the right direction, counting drive links, sproket size etc.

Hope this helps.

Mike

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I have heard a lot of guys who like the Carlton chains, where do you buy yours...no one locally that I know carries there chains.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I will have to do some research on that.

I am going to have to find a Dolmar dealer, some where haven't really done the research and find out what everyone is talking about.

I here a lot of great things about them.

I just love my Stihl shop.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a Stihl 028 Wood boss,16" bar. I need to know the type of chain to use that would cut thru wood the fastest. Someone told me to use a chain with almost no rise, but I am unsure how that translates into the actual chain model and number to buy? I mostly cut red oak. Thanks.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I mostly run Stihl chain.....am lucky to be in Wa, and get it from Madsen's for about $230/100 feet!!

Oregon has improved their chain, apparantly it's a bit harder now, and maybe stretches less. Whatever, they all cut wood just fine.

10. Guest

Guest Guest