saw chain?

Discussion in 'Tree Climbing, Pruning, Felling' started by Guest, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Makes zero sense....

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Carlton K3L fastest I have used! Stihl full chisel will be equivelent and Oregon has there version as well as windsor!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I buy it through my dolmar dealer but it can be had online! It is also sold under diffrent names as well! I am pretty sure the woodsman chain that baileys has is carlton.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

They might cut fine but the question is "how long?" If your using more than one chain a day I'd question the quality of whatever your using. We use Stihl chain and can make a sharp chain last at least 3-4 days cutting 5-6 hours a day on a Stihl 192T in hardwood and keeping the bar out of the dirt. We use a bench grinder to sharpen our chain. When you sharpen you own chain you notice the difference in quality. An Oregon chain will feel loose and light compared to a Stihl chain.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

We don't usually use it on the ground but when your cutting 500 elm suckers along/through a fence it works great!

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Oregon chain is junk compaired to Stihl!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

It's not my opinion it's a tested and true fact.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

If you are looking for the best chain, you can't beat stihl non safety chain but you will pay good money for a good chain. I have heard that oregon chain (as said before has many diffrent names such as husqvarna and some others) is fairly good, it just dosent hold an edge or have the life expectancy of a stihl chain.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

:walking::waving:go with an oregon chain i have one on my stihl and they cut wood like butter

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I agree on that. I have a few Oregons and a few Stihl chains and I think the Stihls last longer. The chains from Oregon are a good chain as long as you keep them sharp.