Saw first snow yesterday

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Nov 9, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Yup, you read the title right. I was doing a leaf clean up yesterday and some snow flurries were fallling for about an hour. Nothing accumulated though

2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

its coming its coming!!! cant wait... well maybe i can wait for a few weeks. hehe :waving:

3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Funny.............
    I saw the first flakes this morning just before 8:00am.
    Was walking out to the truck and the flakes were lightly falling.................Had to throw some wood on the fire before leaving as well.....our first cold spell below freezing.

4. tiedeman

from earth

I think what is really amazing we have only had about 5-6 frosts since the end of September.

5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Ya my guess is that's unusual for your northern folks, we're about where we ought to be for now. I used to have some acreage up in New York state, 29 degrees at the end of August sits in my memory....................

6. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

I was preping the lot where I'm going to be selling christams trees, and it started sleeting/flurries for about 10 minutes. kind of nice while getting ready for the trees.

7. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

we had a couple inches in the valley 2 weeks ago, 4'+ in the mountains.

8. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Were still mowing grass here in KY. Weve only had a couple of hard frosts but the grass keeps growing. I mowed today and will probibly mow tomorrow. I enjoy mowing grass but i'm ready for it to be over with for this year.

9. tiedeman

from earth

I can't belive the growth either because of the lack of frosts. I had one lawn that grew about 4 1/2 inches in 2 weeks. Now that is really weird for this time of the year

10. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

This has been an unusual fall. Grass is still growing around here, leaves all came down 2 weeks ago with the wind. I'll be done doing leaves and be able to go out and mow next week if I want! It's supposed to be in the high 50s at the end of the week.

:dizzy: :dizzy: