SAw some things down south. Looking for help

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by mtnzone, Apr 8, 2008.

1. mtnzone

mtnzone LawnSite Member

Have a lawn business in the new england region, but this past winter have spent alot of time in Florida and seen some interesting things that companies people use down there. I went to incorporate a few of them up in the new england region .. one is an attachment that fits to your outtake/shoot of your mower deck.... made of metal acts like a mulcher cover on outake but has perforated holes to allow grass to escape but small enough for stop rocks and debris from shooting and possibly causing damage. It attaches to mower utilizing the bolts and screws that attach grass catcher attaches and the plastic cover on the outake, that every commercial guy never uses...

Can you help me find what they are called and where I can get them

Thanks

Also The Cages they put on the front of the trailers attaching to the body of trailer sitting up about two feet above frame so you dont lose trailer space but allows you a place to house gas cans and the like is pretty cool..... I talk to trailer companies in the north and the look at me like I have two heads..

2. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

the plate is an on comand chute blocker and they are good for mowing areas with a lot of rock. the cage is a tool cage that most landscape trailers come with. I am up here in colorado and no one uses them either except me. I think one other company is looking at the chute blocker for their mowers now after seeing mine.

3. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Dixie Chopper calls it an OCDC, operator controlled discharge chute. There are some aftermarket companies making them, Google to the rescue.:waving:

4. mtnzone

mtnzone LawnSite Member

THank you guys and gals? Heck dont know what gender you are so thought I would cover my bases...llol

Packey, Know what you mean. Cant believe most companies up my way have never seen them... Blows me away.. Got to get me one of those.

DiyDAve- thanks actually found that out today at a landscaping company donw here in florida. They had an aftermarket one selling for $199.00

Those OCDC are something that Im seriously thinking about....

5. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

On the Chopper, the only drawback is that the handle and linkage do catch some branches and leaves, but its worth it!