Saw the 2009 Exmark Price list today-Ouch!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lazer 46, Oct 21, 2008.

1. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

Prices really did go up. The walk behind model I'm interested in purchasing went up $800 since last year. I also thought they had a 38hp Kohler for the Lazer. I saw a 34hp Kawasaki listed. No 38hp.

2. mowerknower

mowerknower LawnSite Senior Member

Buy now, its going up another 8% before the end of the year.

3. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

34hp kawi is a weird number. I wonder if it's a fuel injected version of the 31.

4. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

37 is an odd number also, maybe they like increments of 3!!!

5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Couldn't agree more. If you can, BUY NOW. Prices are gonna get crazy. One catalog that my dealer gets for ordering parts from, released their newest catalog. They usually have dealer pricing in it, this one didn't. Reason: the prices go up too fast, so they can't list them or they would be the wrong price. This is what the company rep said.

6. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh my, at the cost of doing business in 2008.

I sincerely hope you ALL figured in YOUR cost of doing business this year as well.

7. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

how true is that

8. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

Most all makes went up but Exmark went up ALOT. Sounds like they are getting John Deere syndrome. Thinking thier sutff is worth more then it actuauly is.

9. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

:laugh: Come to think of it, briggs had the fuel injected 34 hp vanguard motor right. That 34 got me thinking of our past threads on the briggs.

10. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

This is probably a very good engine with better fuel economy and I know for a fact it is very strong. I personally don't want the added maintenance and upkeep of L/C when my A/C efi has been totally flawless.

QUOTE:

Briggs & Stratton Commercial Power is offering its first engine equipped with electronic fuel injection (EFI) in 2007. The new gasoline-powered EFI model is an extension of the company's Vanguard 3/LC 3-cylinder liquid-cooled commercial engine line. The Vanguard 3/LC EFI engine is capable of delivering increased fuel economy--up to 30-percent fuel savings--with increased responsiveness and drivability. A 32-bit engine control unit automatically adjusts engine settings in real time for quick, no-choke cold starts, and to compensate for altitude and environmental variables. On-board diagnostics provide quick, accurate troubleshooting. The Vanguard 3/LC EFI engine is rated at 34 gross horsepower.