1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Saw the goofiest thing this morning!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Gbug, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Gbug

Gbug LawnSite Member

Okay on my way home this morning I pass one of the local Hispanic LCOs and here's Ricardo behind a big W/B, and I kid you not, hes riding on a skateboard, holding onto the pistol grips. I guess the stand ons are getting too pricey these days! :laugh: Anybody else ever seen/heard of anything like this?

2. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

Its a pity you didn't have a video camera funniest home video show would give you a prize.:laugh: :laugh: *aussieflag*

3. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

thats as good as the other guy who said he saw two mexicans trimming hedges by holding a 21" and lowering it on top of each shrub :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

4. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

What other way is there ??? time is money, mow the lawn then straight into the hedges....:laugh: :laugh:

How can you tell a Mexican gardener ??? the tips of his fingers have all been cut off :laugh: :laugh:

5. K&A Lawncare

K&A Lawncare LawnSite Member

The bad thing about this is. That guy is your competition. LOL

6. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

Only if you let him be.
    I am constantly amazed by the posts about scrubs, competitors and market saturation.
    Instead of fixating on others, sell yourself and your business - set yourself apart and then there is no such thing as competition.

7. TforTexas

TforTexas LawnSite Senior Member

Thats called a Mexican Sulky

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

he sure is hell isn't mine

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I dunno, I rode a skateboard as a teenager for many years, those things don't do well on anything except pavement... Even on pavement you hit one small pebble and it stops you on a dime, don't even try it in the dirt... I can't see those little wheels going over / through turf, are you sure you were awake? :laugh:
    Thou I suppose it is possible, being how the mower is doing the pulling, I still think it would be more work than plain walking...

10. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

I can see it now, Ice Skates behind a snow blower ooooo I can't wait for winter:)