1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Saw the new Exmark stand-on today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Mar 3, 2010.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

We had a little seminar at our local Exmark dealer today. They brought in one of the new stand-on units along with a new rider. Nice features, comfortable etc. One nice new feature is the deck adjustments...one bolt raises or lowers the whole deck as one unit, the engine and everything lift with the adjustments made, so no more belts running at an angle. The rider's are pretty much the same but have a few new features, the one I can remember is the seats...very comfortable! And it sounds like they got the bugs worked out of the EFI units as well. They didn't get into prices but the dealer said maybe a few hundred bucks more than last year, but he wasn't sure.
  2. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

We just had a customer day at our dealers and they had exmark there too. Think the 52" stander at our dealer will be $7450 with the 24HP
  3. Cummins343

Cummins343 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Kansas

One bolt adjusts the deck? The JD standers had that along time ago.

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

The engine and deck moving togather is going to be an industry standard on the stand on units. Wright did that with thier rapid height mower. Exmark has some nice selling points on it though. Looks to be a good mower. Cant belive they took another price increase though. Ouch!
  5. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Engine/deck moving together is a step backwards. How can a deck float when it is that heavy? It doesn't, it gouges. That's why they rarely bother with antiscalps with that design feature. I realize you gotta have belts that don't fall off or wear prematurely, but losing floating ability isn't the way to go.
  6. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I agree, another heavy long mower that does not follow the contour. Making a timed deck and contour following design is where it is at. I couldn't find what I wanted on the market so I built my own. I have to walk , but for real small yards, who cares.
  7. JayD

am i missing something here....where do you get that the new stand on mower is "long" ?

It has a short wheel base of only 59" total....My w/b is 78.3" long.
  8. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Like I said, LONG! My 42" walk wheelbase is 36"
  9. JayD

Really...what brand is your 42"?
  10. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

If you see the mower in person, you will not say its a step backwards...its definately the most progressive stander and it has the very awesome capability of walking behind it just like a traditional walk behind. Im thinking this mower would be perfect for those customers that complain about the big ztr mowers and would be fine for the bigger properties. Gonna go demo one soon and take lots of pics.