saw this on ebay....fuel transfer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ColePyck, Mar 6, 2007.

1. ColePyck

ColePyck LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

2. Chynoweth

Chynoweth LawnSite Member
    from UT

Looks good, but I think you would have to do a lot of mowing in a day to utilize that much fuel and to make it pay for itself. I can run all day on one five gallon can of fuel and a two and a half gallon of mix.

3. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

It is a bit expensive. It was better priced i would like the idea of getting gas once every week or 2.

4. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

everytime one of my crews goes to the gas station its a 45 min ordeal with at least 4 guys so if you could get enough gas to do it everyother week that would pay for itself eventually.. but ive seen those tanks cheaper...

5. johng

johng LawnSite Member

The first time your gas get's stolen, or contaminated (intentionally or not) you may not be too happy with a tank like that. The liability alone of having a bomb like that on the tongue of your trailer would keep me from even thinking about it.
    JMO, John...

6. ColePyck

ColePyck LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

How do step foot into a vehicle.....everytime you get into your truck or car its a missle loaded with 25gallons of fuel! I would also mount it in the truck bed, not on a trailer

7. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking more along the lines of leaving it at the shop. Then you could fill everything up in the evening and be ready for morning.

8. johng

johng LawnSite Member

It's not the gas that scares me. It's the liability of mounting that tank somewhere and being responsible for an "owner modified" vehicle.

9. ramlawncare

ramlawncare LawnSite Member

10. Chynoweth

Chynoweth LawnSite Member
    from UT