1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Saw this today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by southtx, Sep 1, 2005.

1. southtx

southtx LawnSite Member

I was driving around my block looking at some of my accounts and i SAW a flier nailed to the power line post. It said MOWE,TRIM,AND BLOW FRONT AND BACK $20.00 I cant believe this crap around my area lawns are 30-35 just to start. I have gotten to the point to where I wont get my mower down for no less then 35.00. How the hell can two guy make any money? I can see if they cut a crap load of yards but still they cant be making that much. With the price of gas and Im sure they have crap for equipment but it still cost money. It makes me so pissed due to the fact that the people in my area see this and expect me to meet or beat that price. Dont get me wrong we all have to start some where but damm dont kill your self and other around you in the process. Thanks yall just need to let some steam off.
  2. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

some kid trying to make money for new bike. he dont realize itll cost him more to work than what he makes. at least he isnt just sitting at home collecting welfare... yet!
  3. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

He's just looking to make some cash to pay for gas in his car :rolleyes:
  4. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

he aint gonna get far on $20.00 :D
  5. HometownLawn

HometownLawn LawnSite Member

could be just someone trying to make quick cash. give them a week or so out in this heat with yards that go to the horizon and gas at 3.50 a gallon and see how long that 20 bucks a yard lasts