Saw tru green this week

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GrazerZ, Dec 10, 2004.

1. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

I've seen tru green this week working twice. Its amazing because there has been snow on the ground for two weeks. Amazing. Maybe I should start fertilizing the snow???? LOL
  2. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

okay, so what am i missing here??

I mean what is it exactly that you laugh at?
  3. GrazerZ

I'm laughing at the fact that they are still fertilizing, on top of snow. We have about 3" of snow and about a half an inch of ice on top of that. That round should have been done around here a month ago. To me thats funny. wish I had a photo of a tech pushing a spreader through the snow.
  4. the fert will help melt the ice! Do you think that was what they were up to?
  5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I went to a CEU Seminar on Thursday And the last speaker of the day was From TrueGreen. Wow what a dynamic speaker this guy is. He had the whole classes attention for the entire hour he spoke. He had started with TrueGreen as a spray tech and was now a supervisor. The subject was Chinch Bugs which is the biggest insect problem on St Augustine Turf. Interesting enough he admitted to dropping price and even giving a years free service to unsatisfied customers. This guy was such a great speaker that I almost believe some of the garbage coming out of his mouth about how good TrueGreen Was. Yes I wanted to rake this guy over the coals, but he wasn't a BooBy Gelding so I just kept my mouth shut.
  6. GrazerZ

I hope your kidding.LOL
  7. grazerZ,

Wasn't uncommon up north, ( N Ill & Wisc) for the gc supt to apply a lite application on gc greens which have been covered by Ice for 45 days or longer. Would remove snow to get to ice, the spread a lite application of a dark fertilizer!

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

fert does melt ice and snow
  9. GrazerZ

I know that it will melt snow. Theree is no reason to do that on someones lawn up here. it will be covered again in a few days.
  10. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I was just wondering who the tru green guy was....