Saw TruGreen

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by tiedeman, Nov 9, 2005.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Ya, so I saw TruGreen today doing applications.

Big deal you say, ya not a big deal.......but wind is at 29MPH, with wind gusts a 49MPH.

They are stupid:realmad:

2. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

Those wankers must have some DEEP pockets to pull that kind of stupidity and think they won't get caught.

3. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

The only wind restriction here is you must keep it on target. There is no set wind speed you have to shut down. How do you prove drift with granular applications after several days?

4. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

Here it is ILLEGAL to spray if winds are 10mph or higher. I don't spray at 6mph. Granulars are a different product but here have the same restrictions

5. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

water does'nt hurt the neighbors lawns:)

6. saves walking, just stand in one spot and hit the whole yard.

7. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Truth is they won't get caught. Also, this time of year they are mostly spreading straight urea anyway.

8. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sure the customer has to pay the bill, some homeowners have no clue as to what they get.......I had someone spread some fertilizer a few years bad, $50.00 a pop, once in the spring, once in the winter...I happened to be home during one of those times....they guy loaded his spreader, and started running, yes running...he reloaded only one time....I went out and asked how many bags did you use...he was a mexican guy and said 4..he pointed to the wad of bags in his POS....I know he didn't do 4...but i ended up paying for it when I got the bill...it didn't help calling the company..i just started spreading my own....say some $$$

9. lpwhandyman

lpwhandyman LawnSite Member

i have a friend that works for them. He was telling me that he was spreading granulars in the snow. I mean we got 3" during this first storm. I just laughed.

10. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Another example of why only 3 guys at the local branch here passed their tech test.