1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Say Huh???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vipermanz, Apr 30, 2003.

1. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

2. jkkalbers

jkkalbers LawnSite Member

I've never seen a city that has outlawed blowers! I think from now on I'll Bring my extension cords and buy an electric mower, especially for my 5 acre properties.
  3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Oh. My. Gosh. HIPPIES!!!!!!!! OK.... so they ride bikes, use electric tools when absolutely necessary do I hear SCRUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hahahahahahahahahahahhaaaaa........ hey Viper are they in your town? They might give you dirty looks for using a blower hehehehe......
  4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I had heard about some cities outlawing blowers, it would be rough with a broom:p
  5. dbear

dbear LawnSite Senior Member

I personally don't see anything wrong with grass clippings in the street or driveway, or on the side walk. After all, it is natural "waste." What burns my butt is seeing all the unnatural **** people leave behind - cigarette butts, candy wrappers, bottles and cans,... - that I have to pickup before mowing!
  6. dbear,

I can’t decide who litters more, cigarette smokers or beer drinkers. Anyway, these guys are exactly what’s wrong with California. Sadly, it may be for the best when it all tumbles into the sea.
  7. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

When I was reading that article, I was thinking to myself, "This guy must be from the peoples republic of California"....and yep, he is.
  8. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

This is quite funny and goes to show the war on drugs has long been lost. They are tree huggers that have found their niche. Each to their own.

9. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Scrubs? Look at what they are doing and think about it.

I have heard of cities banning the use of blowers after a certain time.
  10. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

They are hippies/scrubs.

I can see this being their slogan.

" Now you can get the lawn done @ 3/4 less with 1/4 the noise."