Saying Goodbye To An Old Friend

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Green Dreams, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Well sometimes you just have to cut the chord. Kinda like an employee that just doesn't give a crap anymore.

Ran into my local Lesco for a few bags of 46-0-0. I almost had a Fred Sanford heart attack when he said "$29.44 a bag."

$29.44???? I pull out my phone call BWI (a farther drive) and he says, "I still got all you can carry...$17.29 a bag."

Lesco guy says if I spent more there, I'd qualify for better pricing. Oh really? So I let you bend me over for as long as you wish then maybe I can save $3?

Uh...no.

What happened to them? When they first set up in our area, they matched every price. They delivered..cheerfully. I would come back in from the field to find their guy (alot older than I) emptying pallets of stuff into stacks.

You called them with a problem, they were" Johnny on the spot." They always knew their stuff. No BS'in...just what you needed.

When I would come in they would always call some 1-800 number to get permission not to scam me.

Now it's like they are doing me a favor just being there. I had one mgr at a branch not in my area telling me once "That's not in my job description" when I had to rebulid a gun. Just wanted to be sure it was right. Brought it in (I was trying to fix it out front) and he treats me like a ******.

So Good Bye for good Lesco or JDL or John Deere or whoever you are now. I know you won't miss me, but I have been missing you...the old you.

Thanks

2. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

:laugh:

My sentiments exactly!

3. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

I am also considering a change from Lesco because of the drastic price increases. It is going to be hard to cut the cord. It never has been convenient for me to use them, because I have to go out of my way to get there. But they have always worked with me so well, and they have everything under the sun.
    What other type of products would you guys recommend? I have thought about using Lebanon. However their prices are very high too. I like (I mean liked) Lesco so much. :cry:

4. js.lawn

js.lawn LawnSite Member

when they opened there they where lookin for the custamer now that open and going they dont care about anything

5. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

If you are looking for great prices for great fert, I can help.
    We carry Nutrients PLUS products and sell by the pallet or truckload delivered to your facility.

Go Green. $ave Green.

6. GREEN-UP

GREEN-UP LawnSite Member
    from sw ohio

It amazes me the attitude Lesco employess have. They could care less about the customer, have very limited knowledge of anything. Could not quote you the same price 3 hrs from know. I have found other places to buy my chemicals, and sorry lesco if farmers are using the other product and gettin things done and are paying almost $10.00 less a bag, somethings wrong. I will only use lesco for emergency reasons. They rip your ass off on parts, sprayers etc...... we all could go around forever on this one.

7. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Lets just say it is not just you'll who have had this problem. Word spreads quick in this industry and if they don't tighten up....................

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Got a quote at LESCO for a pallet price of 13-2-5 Dimension $ 28.61/bag!

Went to Shemins, they quoted me for Lebanon's 22-0-6 Dimension $ 21.20/bag.

Thats a $355 difference.

9. MaineFert

MaineFert LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Barry,
    Well said.

Jim
    Nutrients PLUS

10. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Im new to the city i live in and i dont know where to buy fertilizer from except the Home Repo and it usually cost me $26.00 a bag... If anyone has ideas for as to where to but it cheaper please let me know thanks!