Saying Thanks...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by seven-up, Aug 13, 2004.

1. seven-up

seven-up LawnSite Member
    from la

I think this would be considered an element of business...

How do you go about saying thanks to people who have been very helpful to you. In my case, it would be state employees. The local county agent has been very helpful. More recently, a guy at the state office for the pesticide certification has been very helpful, pointing out step by step what I need to do when, etc. And is always answering my many questions...

I just think that more than just a "thank you, sir" needs to be given to these types of people. Is it out of line to send something like a gift certificate to Outback? Or is something of that nature considered bribery? Or is it best to just send a simple Thank You note and leave it at that?

What are your opinions on this?

John

2. gvandora

gvandora LawnSite Member

A HANDWRITTEN thank you would be an excellent choice.

3. DKinWA

DKinWA LawnSite Member

It's a nice gesture, but most government employees can't accept gratuities because of ethics laws. As a state employee, I've had to turn down many thoughtful offers/gestures to avoid losing my job. If you really feel they went above and beyond, a short thank you note to them and a copy to their supervisor would really make their day.

Personally, a simple thank you and friendly handshake is all that's needed to convey your appreciation for the help given.

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi seven-up,

I agree. Everyone loves to get a thank you note and feel their work has been noticed and appreciated.

Sending a note to their supervisor is also a great idea.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yup, a thank you note hand written, not typed

6. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

yep a thankyou note would be more than adequate..personally I would type mine and then sign it