SBA

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by G&Plawn, Mar 15, 2004.

1. G&Plawn

G&Plawn LawnSite Member

Hey guys i was wondering if any of you had gone to small business classes in your area when you first started your LCO? I was also wondering if anyone tried to get SBA loans and how difficult it may have been to obtain?
    Thanks in advance for anyposts on this subject.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I do know the Bush Administration has cut back on the number of small business loans. That is why when I see the commerical of him talking about how he supports small business owners I just laugh my a@@ off.

3. timinkc

timinkc LawnSite Member

Ya bush he's really for the little man...(that is if he's worth millions and wants to contribute)

4. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

We use this program back in 98 to help with growth,

BTW its not money from the federal gov. its really a loan from your local bank and it gets paid back to your local bank. The federal gov. just kinda co-signs the loan, and according to my rep at the sba the program is going strong.

It does require alot more paper work, usually you gotta have a pretty solid business plan to show the bank with budgets for the years you will be paying it back.

Now that we have estiblished credit we wouldnt need that type of loan, but its great for start ups.

I thank bush and daddy bush every time I do my taxes, being from mass Im scared as hell if Kerry gets in when tax time comes.

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi G&PLawn,

Here is another post that dealt with SBA loans which included a useful link.

6. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

"I thank bush and daddy bush every time I do my taxes, being from mass Im scared as hell if Kerry gets in when tax time comes."

Amen to that! Talk about anti-small business, take a close look at Kerry and Kennedy for that matter and their voting record.

7. mybabyciv

mybabyciv LawnSite Member

I went to the sba and they didn't help.