Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Leone LawnCare, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Leone LawnCare

Leone LawnCare LawnSite Member

anybody use the yellow pages i just got a 1 inch ad for 45 a month. any idea on what kind of return i can expect?
  2. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Ours so far has worked good. We got 14 calls from commerical clients in 2 weeks. It is the sbc pages
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Has worked out good. Sometimes you can find price shoppers, or people that want you to jump right away.
  4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

My yellow pages is the single best form of advertising I do. And the best part is, once it's set you can forget it. Just wait for the calls.

I shrank my ad for this year, but next year I'm going bigger on it. We have 2 or 3 books, but I only use the SBC book. Our first couple years we put an ad in the rip off pages, and I found both publication and distribution to be irradic.
  5. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

We are just going to put our co. name in bold. We don't need to drum up too much work just keeping our name out there. We will see if we want to put an actual ad in the pages next year. But from other experance (old landscaping co.) the SBC pages do have a good turn around on your money invested. We got some good action from our smaller ad we had for our landscape co.