Scag 36" 12.5hp Kaw Velke And Bag

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sildoc, Jul 28, 2003.

1. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

THIS IS ALSO BELT DRIVE WITH 5 SPEED TRANS 1997-98-99 OR SO. WHAT IS IS WORTH. NO COMERCIAL USE ONLY AROUND 400 HRS OR SO SINCE HE MOWED ONCE A WEEK FOR THE SEASON FOR ABOUT AN HOUR. I WAS THINKING 800 BUT HE WANTS 1200. ANY INSIGHT AS TO THIS IS GREATLY APPRECAITED.

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

$800.00 tops! More like $500.00

3. sildoc

Thanks Elephant nest. That is what I really want to offer but it looks pretty clean for as old as it is. he is going to change all belts and oil before I take if I do so. I am trying to add to my arsenol for smaller tighter areas. I would appreciate more input thank you.

4. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

If at ALL possible, look for a hydro, used if necessary. Worth the extra $$, trust me. Will save $$ in the long run, well...short run more likely.

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Spend about 2K on a used Hydro, you'll be glad you did. 40% more productivity is worth the extra investment, isn't it?

6. sildoc

Problem is finding a used hydro around here. I have other LCO's Offer there used equiptment but heck we all know when we are about ready to get rid of it it is about done for any ways. I will keep looking. thanks for the advice.

7. phillylawnking1

phillylawnking1 LawnSite Member

How much would a 2002 gravely 36'' pro 150 be worth ?
    Thanks >Matt

8. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

How many hours on it and what motor?

Not that I'm too into Gravely products.....

9. phillylawnking1

phillylawnking1 LawnSite Member

It has less than 150 hours on it with a 12.5 kawasaki .

10. GLAN

GLAN Banned

The 36" Scag, belt

Used 1 hour a week and it maybe as old as 6 or 7 years?

I don't think $800 is unfair, but no more than that.

That is all we use. 48" - 36" - 32" Scags all belts. I have 36 & 32's that are geeeez...........old style. Toggle blade switch, not the yellow pull switch and I have that newer style with the yellow switch, Oh...........they are probably as old as the one your buying. They are in perfect working condition.