Scag 36" ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mc24034, Jun 10, 2007.

1. mc24034

mc24034 LawnSite Member

Anyone have one or know if they have an good results? I assume being Scag theyre pretty nice. The one Im looking at has a 19hp Kawasaki. Let me know ASAP plz. Thanks.

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We run the Scag 36" Hydro with floating deck and it is a power horse built like a tank. We have rebuilt the unit with minor parts over a six year period and put on two new engines and it is one of our main work horses. The belt drive units are pretty solid also.

3. mc24034

mc24034 LawnSite Member

I was speaking about the riders. Know anything about them?

4. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I have never used 36" ZTR but i have used the 48" 19HP Kawasaki Cub....and and it a great mower....So i would say it being a 36" a 19 Kawasaki should have enough power...

5. mc24034

mc24034 LawnSite Member

Did you like the Cub or the Stander betteR?

6. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I like the stander Alot Better I has more power (23HP) and you cant beat it on hills....And has a great cut..But i like scag Alot...will be buying a 36" Scag W/B soon..:)

7. Anthony-MB

Anthony-MB LawnSite Member
    from georgia

I have a scag z-cat 36in ztr. 17 hp
    This machine will handle most of what the larger scag can.
    And get into places the larger ones can't
    Since it has a shorter wheel base hills can be tricky, bit of a learning curve.

by the way I'm selling mine , getting out of business

8. johndeerefan

johndeerefan LawnSite Member

I would look at a Walk Behind unless your set on a zero turn. Walk behinds can handel hills a lot better and safer also if you dont want to walk you could get a sulky for the walk behind.

9. mc24034

mc24034 LawnSite Member

How many hrs? How much are you asking? What year?

10. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the Scag Z cat w a 19 Kawi on it. It's a solid mower, but it doesn't mulch very well which is a pita to me. There are no after market blades for it. I may sell this one and purchase a Gravely.