Scag 36

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NoDownTime, Apr 4, 2001.

1. NoDownTime

NoDownTime LawnSite Member

I am thinking of purchasing a 36" scag Hydro. And I am debating whether to get the advantage deck with the machine, or stick with the standard. Any opinions would be appreciated. Also, I am going to buy either a Walker Model T with the New 26HP or the Cougar with the 27 Kawasaki. Has anyone run both machines, and liked one over the other. I am scheduled to demo them both together in a month. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  2. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Scag 36 walk behind standard deck, and it does well, however it is only a trim mower. To be honest I wish we would have never bought it, a walkbehind fro us is pretty much useless, the scag tiger cub 42 inch is what we will trade to, the turf tiger is our staple mower.
  3. Stoner

Stoner LawnSite Member
    from MA

I have a scag gear drive 36, and it works fine. I only use it on a few gated lawns, if thats the case with you, then I'd suggest saving some money and go with the gear drive.
  4. NoDownTime

NoDownTime LawnSite Member

I actually use the machine on more than half of my 160 accounts. I live in a town with many smaller properties, and gated properties as well. The hydro definitely reduces fatigue of my crew.
  5. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I run exactly what you are looking at.I suggest you give me an email.My adress is

I look forward to talking about the scag with you.

Give me an email soon!