1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Scag 48 in 93 Chevy Van Will it fit?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Lawn Crew, Apr 5, 2005.

1. The Lawn Crew

The Lawn Crew LawnSite Member

Willa scag 48" mower fit through the doors of a 1993 Chevy G20 Van?
  2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

huh....try it and see???

Even if it does I'm sure because of the handle bars it will be too tall. But the bigger question is WHY would you even want it to fit?????? ;)
  3. AEW

AEW LawnSite Member

I really have no idea...try measuring it and seeing. ;)

4. The Lawn Crew

I do not have a Chevy van or a Scag 48"; I'm contemplating buying these machines and would like to know if there is a helpfull person who may know the answer.
  5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

It fit in my 89 chevy van. Thats how i started.

6. The Lawn Crew

Thanks John. May your workers show up on time, your customers pay on time, you stay safe, and your drinks are cool in the summertime!
  7. benslandscapingny

benslandscapingny LawnSite Member

It might but why not just buy a trailer?
  8. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf LawnSite Senior Member

A 52" will fit with no problem.Have to use a van once in awhile if a bigger truck breaks down.Two 52" and a 21" handmower will fit along with ramps and trimmers and blowers
  9. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf LawnSite Senior Member

If you are using a van it is a little tight at times but can be very useful if you live in an apt.lock your truck at night and your equiptment is not exposed to thieves, stays dry when it rains and out of the snow. It is also easier to drive than a trailer and takes up less space but it does become a dedicated vehicle to mowing if you set it up that way.Two of my trucks are 14' box trucks which we use for mowing, similar to the SLT trucks and have been using them since'90. We have no trailers for our mowers.Mainly we use the van( a '94 GMC 3500) for fertilizing but with a 200 hundred gallon tank in it we also can get a 52" and a 21" in it.Actually I think you are thinking smart and inovative.Go for it.
  10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Ask lawnsandmower.... He runs a Toro out of a van.
    Pretty cool way to roll with a WB in my honest opinion... if it's a 'service' van.