Scag 48" wb quote

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JTlawnService, Jul 14, 2008.

1. JTlawnService

JTlawnService LawnSite Member
    from berlin

i went down to the local scag dealership today in Farmington, ct to check out some scag walk behinds i ended up deciding on the 48" scag sw belt driven walk behind model and the salesman quoted me at 3299 with a 2 year warranty on everything, i thought it was a resonable price and thought i would ask you guys what you think

2. pj550v12

pj550v12 LawnSite Senior Member

Check Knights Inc. in Milford. I'm not sure about their prices of Scag mowers, but all their other prices are reasonable. I use them for almost everything I need.

3. JTlawnService

from berlin

i checked there website and i cant believe they have there prices up there but they do and the price for the same mower there was 3,399 just 100 more so unless they were gonna give me a great deal id rather not drive further for the same mower but cost 100 more here is link http://www.knightsinc.com/scagswprices.htm

4. SIWEL

SIWEL LawnSite Senior Member

have you tried cofields in glastonbury? 860-659-0553
    they are the best dealership for parts i have ever dealt with and i was a mechanic for 3 years before i started my own company.

5. Scagmower48

Scagmower48 LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought my 48 belt driven at fve for $3299. It has a 17 kawi. This mower is the best. PM me with any questions.

6. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

did you guys demo a Pro-V while you were there? I checked one out at my dealer and didn't like it much. Maybe it takes some getting use to....

7. subs1000w

subs1000w LawnSite Member

if your not set on a brand new mower i just picked up a very nice exmark 48 17hp ecs hydro floating deck for 2200 the only reason i say this is because in my eyes after using a belt drive for a few years the hydro "makes" ALOT more money aka its more productive and is much easier on my body i would never even consider a belt drive any more and my friend bought the belt drive new in 01 for about the same $$$ i want to say 3500 with a velky

8. SIWEL

SIWEL LawnSite Senior Member

i would have to agree the hydros are the way to go, but if you don't have the money you don't have the money.

9. JTlawnService

from berlin

i am absolutly looking into used much more i am just starting out but if i were to buy a used i would want to keep it under 1500 because i will most likly expand in 2 years and buy better gear if any one has anything let me know. thanks creek view is your toro still for sale???

10. ScagGrassGuy1978

ScagGrassGuy1978 LawnSite Member

JT check with Chatfield's Power Equipment 1 203 264 4775 ask for Greg
    Or try Ridgefield Power Equipment, Dont quote me on this number but Im sure it is 1 203 438 4859

Good Luck