Scag 48 won't go straight

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Orkin Yards, Jul 16, 2000.

1. Orkin Yards

Orkin Yards LawnSite Senior Member

My 48" Scag is pulling to the right and its getting really annoying, how do i fix this, i have tried a couple things i though would work but doesn't seem to do much good...

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Is it belt or hydro driven?

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

cant tell ya how to fix it till i no whetjer its belt drive or hydro drive. Very simple adjustment on both though.

4. Orkin Yards

Orkin Yards LawnSite Senior Member

sorry sorry, its a belt drive

5. Bobby

Bobby LawnSite Senior Member

Not enough or to much air pressure will cause this. Put more air in right tire.<p>----------<br>Yesteryear L/S<br>Hollywood Fla

6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

what you have to do is this.... follow the metel rod connected to the brake until you get to the cotter pin.. remove the cotter pin and screw the end of the bar to the left and put the cotter pin back. With this kind of adjustment you just have to mess with the part that screws where the cotter pin comes out turning it diffrent direction untill you get the mower going straight. Whats happening is the right side the brake rod is screw to far up higher than the other side pulling the mower to the right. I dont no if i confused you... if so email me at Evan528@aol.com

7. cutntrim

cutntrim LawnSite Senior Member

Check your tire pressure.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>www.cutntrim.com

8. turfquip

turfquip LawnSite Senior Member

<p>Didn't you have a similar problem with this mower earlier?<p>I believe the handles were moving in and out on there own and the machine was hard to control.<p>If that's happening again, check for mud impacted into the wheel pulleys.