Scag 52 W

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnsRUsInc., Feb 13, 2005.

1. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

For you that have a Scag 52" Hydro Walkbehind how do you like them and what do you dislike. By friend owns a commercial landscape co. and used to maintain the landscape jobs he did that were in progress and last spring had hired us. He asked if i wanted his 4-5 year old scag with 145 hours for $2k.

Thanks Jason

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

48 hydro here fixed deck i love mine you probally have a floating deck mine is fast the cut is great.

3. LawnsRUsInc.

from midwest

What is the going rate for a used one, never bought a used mower before.

Thanks Jason

4. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Have two SCAG hydro's with 48" decks and 17HP kaw on them. Have the floating deck on both. One's a bagger with high lift blades the other has a complete mulch kit installed. In springtime when grass is a little thicker and in full swing we have to slow the machine down a little or make a second pass because the engine is a little taxed. Of course if we weren't lazy we'd pull the sulky off of it and save 200 pounds pulling it...but I'd be curious what size engine is on the one your looking at. Anything over 17HP and you should be fine. All in all we love the SCAG...that's why we bought a second one.

Also...I'm not trying to spread rumors...just told by another SCAG owner that does a lawn next to a customer on our route...but apparently the '01 model Scags had problems with their hydro pumps. Can someone verify this claim?

5. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

going rate tough 1, elec start, a sulky, low hours,hydro a 52 with elec start 21 kawsasaki the hours are low sounds like a deal.

6. LawnsRUsInc.

from midwest

Well does anyone have any ideas on good deal or bad deal? It does have a kohler elec start.