Scag 52" WB

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Sup3rman, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Sup3rman

Sup3rman LawnSite Member

So, I was browsing through my local paper this morning and in the classifieds I see a Scag WB mower for sale for $250. It is a 52". Now, this mower was listed in the "Bargain Basement" which is for items less than $250. It kind of makes me think if I should even bother calling this guy. It also says it needs some work....

Anyway, my question is, how durable and dependable are Scag mowers? Say this mower is in decent shape, not major repairs need to be made, just small stuff. How many hours on the mower would be too many to bother buying the thing? Is there anything I should ask when about specifically when I call?

2. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

That thing was beat to sh!t. No one would sell a good running same model mower for less then $1000.

3. Chip Riz

Chip Riz LawnSite Member
    from florida

i wouldnt even waste my time calling them bc i got a scag 48 beltdrive wb for 1500 and i asked the dealer what kind of deal i got and their jaw hit the floor the had a beat up one on the floor for 2000 mine only had 50 hrs on it and it looked brand new

4. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

:laugh: It probably doesnt have a motor, tranny, or deck on it for that price