Scag 52" wb

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tomk123, Oct 18, 2003.

1. tomk123

tomk123 LawnSite Member

Hello. I've been reading on this site for quite a while and have just became a member. I've been in the business for 2 years now, using a Snapper RER. I've had up tp 15 lots and am looking for a commercial grade machine, more specifically a wb with a sulky.

I was planning on an Exmark Metro 36" gear-driven with a bullrider for next season, but have come across a used Scag 52" hydro wb w/ pistol grips. I've talked to the seller for info and he says that he bought it from a residential user and used it commercially for one season, but had problems with the fuel filter. In appearence it looks pretty shabby, blades and deck don't look much better. I'm just looking for opinions on this, as I'm really not sure. Thanks.

2. challenger55

challenger55 LawnSite Member

tell me all the details what kind of motor it has how many hours and whats the price and year of it

3. tomk123

tomk123 LawnSite Member

Oh, I think its three years old, Kawasaki 14 hp, he's asking $2200.

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Most likely a little older than you think. They haven't used the 14hp on a 52 Hydro for a while. And there is a good reason....A 14hp is matched nicely with a 36" Belt driven mower, not one 18" wider and a Hydro.

One WORD....

WAY underpowered. (OK, thats 2!) :rolleyes:

Skip on this one, there are much better machines out there, and some for less money.

5. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I have a few 52" scags and they are great machines, they're pretty much bullet proof. But 14hp is way to small for a 52" one of my machines has a 16hp and is underpowered. I have an 18hp on one off my machines and that works fine. I'd try to find something else, especially if he was haveing problems with it, you don't want someone elses problems.

6. tomk123

tomk123 LawnSite Member

thanks for the advice