scag 61

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by awm, Oct 30, 2000.

1. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

Iwas very impressed with a new scag ztr
    23kawisaki 60 inch cut.Anyone have info
    what i should try to get it for,faults etc

2. machine

machine LawnSite Member
    from OH

I have a 1998 61 scag ztr with 16hp Vangard. I use gattor blades and sulky with it, the 16hp has been adequate, only in the spring with rapid growth has it need more hp.

What type of price are they offering for this new unit, sounds great. Is it 61 or 60 inch? Is fixed or floating deck?

3. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

I have a turf tiger with a 25 kohler/61" cut and it is bad to the bone,just put the master mulch kit on it and it will grind leaves to nothing,leave a superior cut as long as you operate it correctly.

4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

Im not familar enough with them to give
    much detail.Ido know it was very comfotable
    looking ztr with 20 hp kaw .It had 61 on the
    deck and looked like a cadilac coming accross
    that yard.The operator worked for piedmont
    lawn care.He said he they paid a little
    over 7000 for it.

5. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Machine,

I also own the same wlakbehind, and I am very pleased with it too. Never had too many problems with it. Ohhhhhh, and the same motor too.

6. machine

machine LawnSite Member
    from OH

cos, You won't beleive how I found this 61. I bought it from and old lady(about 80 plus yrs) see only used it for half a season and then hired a company to do her 2 acres. See had all the options on it, execpt a larger engine.

We use the 16hp Vanguard on all are 52" Scags, no major problems yet. I am thinking of putting 20hp to 23hp Kaw on the 61 Scag someday. Still is a great mower!