Scag 72" cut?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HazellLawnCare, Dec 5, 2006.

1. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at a couple of scag mowers with the 72" deck. What I am curious of is the 29horse efi liquid cooled kawasaki enough power?

2. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

I thought you were getting out of Lawncare and going into racing?

3. HazellLawnCare

Still doing the racing thing but the deal to buy out my business didn't fall through. I am going to be expanding my business and flying out on Thursday evening to go racing on the weekends usually. I will do pretty much the same thing I did last year only with even more work.

4. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like fun. What airline usually. And I have a 29 DFI on my 61 its plenty of power.

5. HazellLawnCare

Whatever airline they purchase me a ticket for. Most of my flights end up on small planes flying into regional airports. Did I mention I hate to fly!

6. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

they rock an roll an the fuel economy is incredible. if ya have any doubt buy the diesel see ya George

7. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have the 31hp diesel on my 72" Scag. Plenty of power. My brother-in-law has the 27hp Kawi on his 72" and he struggles some in thick fescue. The 29hp should do ok under normal conditions.

8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

What is great fuel economy? How many gph on average? I think the Kohler 28 use less than a gallon per hr on average and just wondering how the Kaw compares. Thanks.....