1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Scag bag

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gunputt, Apr 2, 2003.

1. gunputt

gunputt LawnSite Member

The bagger on my Scag walk behind, drives me nuts. It has blowout from the top, and leaves very annoying trails of debris underneath. Any suggestions other than buying a new mower would be appreciated.

2. Leone LawnCare

Leone LawnCare LawnSite Member

i would like to here a response too have same problem
  3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

What type of bagger? Cloth? I use gobblers on all my walk behinds, and have no problems. :cool:
  4. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

have you looked at a peco.? have one and have had good results with it
  5. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh I would also love to here answers from all the scag owners that use a bagger on their walk behind mowers. I use the scag cloth bagger on my 48 swz hydro and it to blows debris from the top actually between that small crack between the mounting plate and the edge of the bag. It blows all over the place and on myself. Also since the bag is supported on the top, the botton of the catcher just swings when you go across bumps losing debris until it gets heavy enough to stay in place next to the catcher plate. Is there better options for scag owners. Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP !!!!!!!!
  6. mpflood

mpflood LawnSite Member

Its all about the Gobbler:p
  7. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

Gobbler, no problems
  8. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

The gobbler how expensive are they? Do they pack completely full? Have you used other baggers on walk behinds to compare to? I would love to here the response as would other troubled scag bag users..
  9. LWNMWR1

LWNMWR1 LawnSite Member

grass gobblers.. they pack great. buy the 4.3 cuft one and the extension for the fall. also works when grass is dry. gets pretty heavy!!
  10. Jim Feder

Jim Feder LawnSite Member

we run scag and have know prob with the bags yes some blow buy but only when bag is full also run lesco bag on them have for years. good luck :p