1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Scag Cheetah 50 hours 61 deck 31 kawi how did I do??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bilrus61, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Bilrus61

Bilrus61 LawnSite Member

Just bought a used Scag Cheetah with the 61" Velocity plus deck and the 31 Kawasaki engine for $6800. Has 50 hours on it and looks like new when you wipe off the dust. I was really wanting a Tiger Cat but this popped up and seemed to me like too good of deal to pass up. Was it? Also where can I get the manual for one? Will Scag send me one for free? What weight engine oil for that engine?

2. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't rub it in our faces. Yes I'm jealous.

3. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Senior Member

Is it stolen?

4. Rockysquirrel

Rockysquirrel LawnSite Member
    from SE PA

Sounds like a great price if it is a 2011. I was just quoted 9499 for the 61" with the 31 Kawasaki and 9349 for the 61" with the Big Block.

Here is a link the manuals on Scags website. http://www.scag.com/manuals.html

5. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

yep thats a good deal lol.

6. RTR Landscaping

RTR Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I would say that is an excellent price. The 31Kawasaki takes 10w30 oil.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Gotta wonder why someone dumps one for that price? The manual are on line you get them free.

8. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

Better get it before its gone.

9. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Its def stolen lol

10. Rockysquirrel

Rockysquirrel LawnSite Member
    from SE PA

I just spoke with both Kawasaki and Kohler and their 3 and 2 year warranties respectively are NOT transferable beyond the original owner regardless of the number of hours on the machine/engine.

Hustler does allow portions of the machine warranty (not engine, lifetime frame, lifetime leading edge of deck, and 5 year/3000 hour pump and motor on Super Z) to be transferred for a $100 fee after it has been checked out by a Hustler dealer.

Scag does not allow any of their warranty to be transferred.