SCAG Cheetah 61" 32 Vanguard Price?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by StihlBR600, May 12, 2012.

1. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

I have not called Burdick Street yet. Im going to tomorrow. Its about 15 miles away from where i live so its not too close. But before i make the decision does anyone have anything they dont like about the cheetah?

2. nagodesi

nagodesi LawnSite Member

Hey Guy I'ma home owner, and I too am Interested in the turf tiger or Cheetah, but the dealers in NJ ore looking for retail.. the is a dealer by me has not sold any in teh last 3 month's and won't budge on the price, it it better to get it online or from another state and get is delivered?

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I never owned a briggs. But some Really hate them, also I have herd they use a ton of fuel....

I know the kaw's hardly ever use oil......

Hoepfully someone will chime in on that engine....

best of luck in your decission...

4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

The B&S Vanguard is a B&S in name only. They are made by Diahatsu in Japan (who partnered with B&S in building the manufacturing plant there). Diahatsu is owned by Toyota. The Vanguards are very good engines, and on a par with Kawi, or maybe even a tad bettter. They do better on fuel as a rule than Kawi's do. I'm a diehard Kawi fan, so I'm not being biased against them here.

5. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah as far as the engine goes im set on the 32 Vanguard. They are very good engines. I just wanted to know if theres any major dislikes about the Cheetah. How does it do on hills? I went to another dealer today and they were the same price as everyone else. $10,800. But after some negotiation i got him down to $10,500. I think that is the best price im going to get here in Michigan.

6. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

Call up Suburban Lawn and Equipment in Wilmington, DE. I don't know there price on the machine but they always have the best deals. If it's good enough if would be more than worth the 90 minute drive.

http://www.sublawneq.com/

Michael
    Let me know what they quote you, I am going to contact them about the TT and Cheetah to get a 72" price.

7. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

from DE

Damn, maybe I was wrong about my shop having the best prices. At our 2012 Spring expo for LCO's I have two Scag prices:

TT 61" 27hp Kohler List: $12,225.00 Sale: $11,021.11
    Cheetah 61" 921 Kawasaki List: $12,442.00 Sale: $11,263.88

I don't see how your MSRP was $10,799 and for a Kawasaki and Kohler it was $1500 higher.

-Michael

8. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Buy a Snapper Pro 200 Vanguard engine, ZT-5400 transmision (same as Cheetah), ICD deck cuts as good as Velocity and pay about $7400. Everybody thinks Scag Exmark Deere but there are honestly a lot better values out there.

9. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

from DE

What equipment do you run? How everything cut in the wet East Coast conditions?

Michael

10. pvbooner

pvbooner LawnSite Member
    from indiana

I am wanting to say I payed about 10,500 for mine and that is with the 34 kohler and the 72" deck. I don't know why more people are not interested in the 34 kohler motor. It uses alot less gas, has more then enough power for anyone and is simple to service. I have used kohlers for about 13 years on comercial mowers and have been VERY satified with their performance and durability.