Scag Cheetah-which engine??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PLS-Tx, Nov 15, 2012.

1. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Nope, no loaner. One time they had it for 4 weeks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. GARRETTWOOD

GARRETTWOOD LawnSite Senior Member

Scag is the best have 61" zero turn. Kawasaki is better choice, have had problems with kohler engine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

Holy s$&@!! You are much more patient than me. I would have taken it to another dealer after 1 week.

Do you know if loaner mowers will be available if needed from the Scag dealer ?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. pvbooner

pvbooner LawnSite Member
    from indiana

I have a 72" cheetah with the 34 kohler and it has plenty of power, is good on fuel, and is very easy to service.

5. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

yah i have 150 something almost 160. I like the motor a lot, could be more powerful, but i think the only bigger engine was the 36hp vangaurd big block.

6. chips17

chips17 LawnSite Member
    from PA

DONT GET THE 36 BRIGGS. we have had problems with the carb on that engine. On really hot days the carb can lock up and you have to sit there and wait for it to cool down. usually takes 10 minutes.

7. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

I would have taken it to another dealer if I could have found all the parts. He had the engine off and parts everywhere. :dizzy::dizzy:

The Scag dealer said a loaner would be available. Although, he didn't sound very convincing about it when I asked. They are not a large dealer, they have sold mainly to homeowners.

8. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

I'm so sorry to hear that. I certainly hope you have better luck with the Scag dealer. Any of the engines are subject to have a problem. Anything with moving parts for that matter. I've had great luck with the Vanguards. No issues with 3 of them running to 2k to 2500 hrs before selling them.
    Posted via Mobile Device