Scag Chosen over JD

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rick and Sandy, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Rick and Sandy

Rick and Sandy LawnSite Member

Thanks for the recent input regarding Scag and John Deere 737. We looked at a John Deere with a 60" cut, 25hp. Also looked at a Scag Wildcat, 61" deck, 27hp. The Scag ($7,400.00) is about $1000.00 less expensive than the JD. Both machines seemed to be solid, but the Scag looked better to us. Also, we have previously purchased a Cub - Tank, 54" from the Scag dealer as he handles both brands.

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Nice choice you'll be happy with the scag wildcat.....Scag makes very good equipment...I'm looking into buying one this summer...:drinkup: :drinkup:

Welcome to lawnsite...

02DURAMAX

3. The Ranger

The Ranger LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

For all you Scag hunters. A friend of mine who quit the mowing business has a 61" turf tiger for sale. 27 or 29 HP fuel injected, bagging kit with extra blower hanging off the end of the chute. About 300 hrs. This machine is over 10M new and I believe he wants about 6500 or 7000. I think it is a great buy. If interested PM me and I'll send you his phone number.

4. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

Did the same thing, except got 52" deck to fit through doors of storage building. I came to same conclusion plus Scag dealer was local vs going 35 miles to another town for JD dealer. I have been pleased with quality of machine and the cut it delivers plus the time saved over my old lawn tractor.
    Jeff

5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Did you buy from Krock's? Tad specifically?

6. The Ranger

The Ranger LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

The mower is a 2005, 61" cut, Turf Tiger 29 HP Kaw fuel injected, liquid cooled, bagging unit, striper kit, 290 hrs. He is asking $8000. Call him @ 330-519-6565. I will also post on the equipment board. New this unit is over 12

7. Rick and Sandy

Rick and Sandy LawnSite Member

Purchased from Krocks? Yes.

8. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Be careful when you need to get something repaired or a part. I no longer gave him my business cause of his repairs...or lack thereof. Would take him over a week to get my mower back to me or a few weeks to get a part in. At least this was the case 5-6 years ago. Hopefully he got his act straightened out.

His prices can't be beat but his service can.

9. TomB

TomB LawnSite Member

Be careful when you need to get something repaired or a part. I no longer gave him my business cause of his repairs...or lack thereof. Would take him over a week to get my mower back to me or a few weeks to get a part in. At least this was the case 5-6 years ago. Hopefully he got his act straightened out.

His prices can't be beat but his service can

You can''t have it all!!!!

10. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Now why would somebody do something like that is just beyond me!!!......................LOL