Scag chute???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnworks, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Is advanced chute systems the only company that has chutes available for scag turf tiger?? It looks like Qwikchute and Ezchute are not available for Scags. I have an ACS for my Hustler ZTR and I am not impressed with it. But it looks like they are the only maker for Scags??? Any suggestions out there?

2. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Scags have the discharge opening cut into the rear arc of the deck skirt like my Lesco does... but even further back... so they need a special curved OCDC plate. Not many makers offer that is what I have figured out.

Only one... maybe two...

4. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

what are the discharge shields used for I have seen people talking about them on here. Are they to assist in mulching or what?

5. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

I've got the DS-100 made by Palmore Products (Trac-vac), on my Turf Tiger. Works well for grass and leaves.
    It's the same one as SamTheLawnMan (Post #2) has.

Jim

6. Lawnworks

from usa

Alright thanks guys... I am going to try that trac vac.

7. Lawnworks

from usa

Does anybody know if these chutes fit the velocity deck?

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Their main purpose is to keep clippings from unwanted areas( mulched beds and side walks, parked autos) You can lightly mulch with them, but mulching requires more than just blocking off the opening in the deck. There are other pieces that go under the deck to be able to be a ''true mulching'' mower. Hope this helps some

wayne