Scag completed for this year...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FrankenScagMachines, Mar 20, 2003.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I'm done tinkering with it for a while, I do not think there is anything left I can build for it or modify on it!
    It has a sulky, striping flap, debris bag, cupholder, lights, OCDC and 6 cu.ft. catcher. I made or modified to fit all of it but the sulky and debris bag. The new OCDC is all 1/8" welded steel plate, indestructable. It only requires one 1/4"
    hole to be drilled and could be installed in 10 or 15 minutes. The catcher is 16 ga. sheet and 1/8" plate, has screen on the side, an improved, faster, more secure and stable and easier mounting bracket setup and a few other mods to it. The whole setup works terrific now! Here are a few pics (will try not to over do it haha)

mar20#92.jpg

2. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

A few people requested that I post the pics, you don't have to remind me that alot of you don't give a hoot. Well as the saying goes if you do not want to see it, do not click on it.
    The short vertical pipe sections at the rear and front of the discharge opening are catcher mounts. The catcher has two 1/2" bolts that slip down into these and the front one I put a nut on although it may not be necessary.

mar20#90.jpg

3. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

the catcher

mar20100.jpg

4. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

back

mar20101.jpg

5. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

This is how you empty it, just lift the handle on top. I will admit that it gets pretty heavy on that side with grass especially damp stuff but it works great for leaves and that is about all it will get used for (hopefully).

mar20105.jpg

6. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

great job,heck you know more abot mowers than alot of the guys here that are twice your age keep up the good work..P.S. how did you make that ocdc I was going to just buy one unless its fairly simple to make?

7. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

The 1/2" rod and pipe hinge as per request (can't remember who it was sorry).

Lakeside, thanks! I would rather not give my secrets away on the OCDC but what are you wanting it for and I will make you one for a reasonable price. Email me eric@cuttingedgelawncare.biz for details thanks.
    Eric

mar20103.jpg

8. Clint

Clint LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Indestructable, i bet i could fix that ;) jk, nice work man

9. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

haha Clint... I can make one out of 1/4" if you'd like now that would be indestructable! Or 3/16" for a happy medium. This is what I consider the perfect mower for under 1/2 acre lawns (well even under 1 acre). Just the right size, it's hydro, can mulch or discharge switch on the go, can switch to a jumbo bag in less than a minute, can ride not walk, can work past dark, has a KAWASAKI engine, is a Scag and best of all the price is right, I have just under $900 in it.

10. bommaritro

bommaritro LawnSite Member

Where did you hook the control lever for the OCDC and do you have an pics of it?