1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Scag Corp. Does not care.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J&R, Aug 21, 2003.

1. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

Bought a Scag Truf Tiger ongoing troblems Dealer installed new Hydo pulleys because of recall. After new pulleys were installed can't keep Hydo pumps belt from going bad in less that 2 months. 4 belts as of 8/21/03. I call scag Corp. tell them about this. There reply sorry we as the Corp can't do anything. Great way to run a company.
  2. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

Also like to add I have 8 1/2 acers to cut tomorrow Thanks Scag
  3. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

Are you friendly with any lawyers? Have one of them write a nice legal sounding letter to Scag.
  4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Man, that is a pisser!!! Maybe you should send them a nice e-mail with a link to this thread. After all we do have like what 11,000 members. Maybe a threat of some really bad press might motivate them to do the right thing!
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It just seems weird to hear this sort ofv thing, when you have companies like Exmark doing their best (and showing it) to help out with the industry as a whole. Hmm... no wonder Exmark is not only the leader in the industry but is also the fastest growing. Thanks, I don't know about you guys, but this certainly reassures me who I'll stay with and who I'll stay AWAY from. Yeah,... sure go ahead and SHOW them this thread (not that they will care, anyway - whoever from there reads it), But resty assured, that it's not just all the members here that are rteading it, but thousands of members from other sites, inCLUDING professional publications. (Also, of course, a few from research and development of Toro's reasonably fresh aquisition that they base THEIR machines on who probably get a slight chuckle or atleast a smirck when THEY hear stuff like this....).:rolleyes:
  6. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys crack me up. Scag doesn't care ... let the shoe be on the other foot one time.

3 Scags, very pleased.
  7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would write SCAG a personal letter explaining that you have always used their products and have been happy with them.

Then explain to them what is going on and then tell them with these exact words, "I would hate to switch brands just because this minor problem can not be solved. I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me out with this problem because your products are well known in the lawn care industry as quality products provided by great personal attention."
  8. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

J&R, Can't help but think there is a lot more to your experience and dealings with Scag & the dealer than are told in your post. Are you working with the dealer you purchased your machine from? What do they say about what is happening?
    I've had nothing but great experience with Scag & my dealer.
  9. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Sometimes people or mowers fall through the cracks. It happens.
  10. Dr. Mow

Dr. Mow LawnSite Member

i was told by a exmark/toro dealer, whom also carries scag, that scag contracts out 100 % of there mowers, they do not manufacture anything .