Scag Cougar Pics

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Mikegyver, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's my new toy...feel free to post pictures of your Cougar if you have one.
    [​IMG]
    I will get some more pictures up of it as soon as I take some more. Feel free to share your experiences with the Cougar if you have one.
    Mike

2. Mikegyver

Before
    [​IMG]

3. Mikegyver

After...Not doing cleanups the caveman way anymore!
    [​IMG]

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

All total this unit only ran about 10 hours this year. I put Stabil in the tanks today took it for a ride to pick up trash on the Hoa and now back into the container.

cougwreckweed 001.jpg

cougwreckweed 002.jpg

cougwreckweed 003.jpg

5. Mikegyver

How many Hrs on yours?
    Mine needed a little work. Changed the hydro fluid and filter...pulls really bad to the right...hoping for the best! Anything I should check or do?
    I've greased everything on it...changed oil etc. I was surprised that blower fan needs to be greased every 8 hrs. You were right though that drive shaft is a pain to grease.

6. Mikegyver

Packs it on in doesn't it!
    [​IMG]

7. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

check and see if there is a rod going from your control to the hydro pump with a hex shaped nut on it. if there is back one end off and spin the other end up, it should fix the pull, does it whine?

8. Mikegyver

I considered fixing the tracking on it...but is that just covering up the problem?
    Hardly any whine. I have other machines that whine more.
    Mike

9. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Wow, that is a rare machine to see in operating condition. You have one of probably only 15 or 20 still in existance. I think they only sold a few dozen, before canning the production and buying back any unsold machines from dealers.

10. ArenaLandscaping

ArenaLandscaping LawnSite Member